LASIK Eye Surgery Requirements Explained
- Possible Side Effects - Listed
- Contact Lens Removal Questions
- What is LASIK Eye Surgery
- Cost of LASIK Eye Surgery
- Best LASIK Surgery Candidates & Patients
- PRK vs. LASIK
Do you Qualify for LASIK Eye Surgery?
All LASIK eye surgery candidates must first go through a preoperative LASIK eye exam to help determine your eligibility for LASIK eye Surgery. The following patient criteria checklist helps determine whether you would be a potential LASIK candidate for LASIK eye Surgery.
LASIK Eye Surgery Candidate's Patient Criteria Checklist
- LASIK eye surgery candidates must be at least 18 years of age and your vision & prescription has been stable (not worsened) for at least one year.
- Your prescription for distance vision needs to match a certain minimal strength, and that prescription strength (glasses or contacts) must meet FDA approved guidelines for nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. Pupils should not be larger than 8.5mm in the dark due to increased risk of vision glare and halos at night and decreased night vision.
- Your eyes should have a healthy retina, eye pressure and the cornea must have sufficient thickness.
- You should have no major eye diseases, no evidence of collagen vascular or autoimmune diseases, no recent history of an ocular (eye) herpes, eye infection or inflamation, excessive corneal disease/scarring or severely dry eyes.
- You should not be a pregnant or a nursing mother.
- You should have realistic vision expectations about LASIK eye surgery outcomes and must also be willing to accept the potential surgical risks, procedural complications and visual side effects of LASIK surgery.
- You should not have uncontrolled (unmanaged) diabetes, certain rheumatologic conditions (e.g. lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, Sjorgens Disease).
For more information click this link what will disqualify patients being candidates. In addition, please share any other medical conditions or concerns with your treating doctor.
Healthcare Memberships & Trusted Affiliations:
Since 2004, QualSight has been a Trusted Name in the Healthcare Industry and is Recognized as a Complaint Free A+ Accredited Member of the Better Business Bureau. We Credential Every Surgeon and Work with the Best Clients to Help You Save Money on LASIK Eye Surgery.