LASIK Eye Surgery Cost & Procedure Prices Explained
- LASIK Eye Surgery Explained
- Laser Eye Procedures - Listed
- Does Insurance Cover LASIK Surgery
- LASIK and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Best LASIK Surgery Candidates & Patients
- LASIK Surgery Recovery Time
- Watch Video - LASIK Savings Experiment
LASIK Eye Surgery Cost Varies by Procedure Type
There are several different FDA approved LASIK procedures and research is required to learn about what type you are being offered. The national average LASIK eye surgery cost for doctors who only offer one price in 2013 was $2,216 per eye, up $46 from 2012.
The chart below demonstrates the savings with our LASIK pricing versus the overall national average LASIK price. Plus the immediate list noting the FDA approved LASIK procedures explains the differences in the technology and reports the national average prices of LASIK versus the QualSight price:
- Traditional - also known as Conventional or Standard LASIK is the lowest priced procedure. The national average cost is $1,697 per eye*, however the QualSight price is under $1,000
- Custom - also known as Wavefront typically adds several hundred dollars to the price. The national average cost is $1,866 per eye*, however the QualSight price is under $1,400
- Bladeless - also known as "all-laser LASIK" or IntraLase and utilizes an additional femtosecond laser which typically adds several hundreds of dollars in cost making it the highest priced procedure. Bladeless is available in either Traditional or Custom Wavefront technology
- PRK - is also a bladeless procedure but does not use an additional laser to create the flap and is available in either Traditional or Custom technology. The pricing for PRK varies by provider
- Bladed - uses a microkeratome blade and is available in Custom or Traditional technology. It typically costs several hundred dollars less than Bladeless
- Warranty or Assurance Plans - doctors typically offer either a one year plan or a conditional lifetime plan and these plans offered by the doctor vary in price
How Much Does LASIK Eye Surgery Cost?
Charges for LASIK procedures can vary widely by practice and region, the average cost of LASIK is between just under $1,000 to $3,000 per eye.
However, QualSight LASIK prices start at less than $950 per eye and are all-inclusive. The total price covers the following: your initial pre-operative screening, the LASIK plus a one year retreatment plan, as well as all post-operative visits. There are no hidden LASIK costs or undisclosed fees. QualSight has set contracted pricing with doctors across the USA so we save our members a lot money compared to the national average LASIK eye surgery cost. Our Care Managers will explain the procedure types and the pricing so you can understand the differences in all the prices.
Important Facts about LASIK Surgery Costs
Beware of bait and switch pricing! Often extremely low prices of $399 or $695 per eye significantly increase based on your prescription or astigmatism. Our low cost of LASIK never increases based on your prescription or astigmatism.
In addition, your local optometrist may receive part of your LASIK eye surgery cost to refer you to a local LASIK surgeon. This co-managed (added) fee is often passed to you in the form of higher pricing. Our price is set, regardless of whether or not an optometrist is involved in your LASIK care.
Many LASIK doctors only perform one type of LASIK procedure at the most expensive rate. Our network of more than 750 locations includes quality doctors that collectively offer every FDA-approved technology and procedure type. If you are interested in LASIK, we offer each different procedure at the best cost.
The Cost of LASIK is Affordable with Financing & Flexible Spending Accounts
While you can pay for LASIK with cash, major credit cards, debit cards and personal checks, we also offer several LASIK financing programs available. In addition, you may maximize your LASIK savings by using only your Flex Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA). Often, our set pricing is low enough to be covered entirely by your eligible pre-tax FSA spending account. Depending on your tax bracket, you may save up to 30% or more in taxes. Due to new federal regulations on healthcare, in 2014 the maximum you will be allowed to put in your flex spending account is $2500. With QualSight you will pay significantly less for LASIK with an experienced, credentialed LASIK surgeon. The QualSight price for Traditional LASIK surgery is typically under $950 per eye, therefore it is possible to pay for your entire LASIK surgery cost with your FSA account.
The Best Cost of LASIK Eye Surgery - Choose QualSight
QualSight is committed to providing our customers with superior service while saving you money on the cost of LASIK eye surgery. We help to reduce the cost of Laser eye surgery by contracting directly with credentialed and qualified LASIK surgery doctors across the country to make up the nation's largest LASIK program. A QualSight Care Manager will answer your questions and explain the entire laser vision correction process plus give you the exact LASIK eye surgery cost before your free exam. The prices are documented on a written confirmation along with your appointment details.At QualSight LASIK, there are no surprises when it comes to your LASIK eye surgery cost. Our Care Managers quote the exact cost of LASIK, not extremely low and unrealistic prices.