Cost of LASIK Eye Surgery Explained
- What is LASIK
- Laser Eye Procedures - Listed
- Refractive Error Types - Listed
- Before During & After LASIK - Explained
- Best LASIK Surgery Candidates & Patients
- PRK vs. LASIK
LASIK Eye Surgery Cost Varies by Procedure Type
The national average LASIK surgery cost for doctors who only offer one price in 2013 was $2,216 per eye, up $46 from 2012. There are different FDA approved LASIK procedures and research is required to learn about what type you are being offered.
With QualSight you will pay significantly less for LASIK with an experienced, credentialed LASIK surgeon. The QualSight price for Traditional LASIK surgery is typically under $955 per eye therefore it is possible to pay for your entire LASIK surgery cost with your FSA account. The chart below demonstrates the savings with our pricing versus the overall national average price plus easy financing options are available. At QualSight LASIK saves members money over time, plus there are no surprises when it comes to your LASIK eye surgery cost. Our Care Managers quote the exact cost of LASIK not extremely low and unrealistic prices. The following listed procedures and explain the differences between these LASIK eye surgery costs:
- Traditional - also known as Conventional or Standard LASIK is the lowest priced procedure. The national average cost is $1,697 per eye*, however the QualSight price is under $1,000
- Custom - also known as Wavefront typically adds several hundred dollars to the price. The national average cost is $1,866 per eye*, however the QualSight price is under $1,400
- Bladeless - also known as "all-laser LASIK" or IntraLase and utilizes an additional femtosecond laser which typically adds several hundreds of dollars in cost making it typically the highest priced procedure. Bladeless is available in either Traditional or Custom Wavefront technology
- PRK - is also a bladeless procedure but does not use an additional laser to create the flap and is available in either Traditional or Custom technology. The pricing for PRK varies by provider
- Bladed - uses a microkeratome blade and is available in Custom or Traditional technology. It typically costs several hundred dollars less than Bladeless
- Warranty or Assurance Plans - doctors typically offer either a one year plan or a conditional lifetime plan and these plans offered by the doctor vary in price by the provider
QualSight has set contracted pricing with doctors across the USA so we significantly save our members money compared to the national average LASIK eye surgery cost. Our Care Managers will explain the procedure types and costs so you can understand the differences in LASIK eye surgery procedures.
Important Facts about LASIK Eye Surgery Costs
Beware of bait and switch pricing! Often extremely low Laser eye surgery cost of $399 or $695 per eye significantly increases based on your prescription or astigmatism. Our low cost of LASIK never increases based on your prescription or astigmatism.
Many LASIK doctors only perform one type of LASIK eye surgery at the most expensive rate. Our network of more than 750 locations contains quality doctors that collectively offer every FDA-approved technology. If you are interested in the best LASIK surgery, we will find you a doctor that offers it at the best cost of LASIK for each different procedure type.
In adddition, your local optometrist may receive part of your LASIK eye surgery fees to refer you to a local LASIK surgeon. This co-managed (added) fee is often passed to you in the form of higher pricing. Our price is set, regardless of whether or not an optometrist is involved in your LASIK care.
How QualSight Offers the Best Cost of LASIK to You
QualSight is committed to providing our customers with superior service while saving you money on the cost of LASIK eye surgery. Even though the initial cost of LASIK is expensive, it is typically a one time fee and over time LASIK will save patients money. We help to reduce the Laser eye surgery cost for our customers by contracting directly with credentialed and qualified LASIK surgery doctors across the country to make up the nation's largest LASIK program. We provide you with caring, helpful, one-on-one service and make it easy to schedule a FREE LASIK exam. A Care Manager answers your questions and explains the entire laser vision correction process. Your Care Manager gives you the exact LASIK eye surgery cost before your FREE exam and we will send you a written confirmation of the appointment details including your cost. Our best LASIK eye surgery cost does not increase based on your prescription or astigmatism.
Healthcare Memberships & Trusted Affiliations:
Since 2004, QualSight has been a Trusted Name in the Healthcare Industry and is Recognized as a Complaint Free A+ Accredited Member of the Better Business Bureau. We Credential Every Surgeon and Work with the Best Clients to Help You Save Money on LASIK Eye Surgery.